Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A few funny things I've heard this week

I just wanted to share a few of the weirdest statements I've heard in the past week or so with you all.

First, on Fox 5 News, the headline was, "A kid gets drunk while his mother gives birth." This is hilarious for so many reasons. Why just "a kid" and not "a child", which is what they usually say on the news? And how could the anchor get through saying this with a straight face?

The second thing was something especially for all my GW people. For those of you lucky enough to not attend George Washington University, let me fill you in. The Columbian College of Arts and Sciences (the main branch of the school) is by far the most disorganized group of people known to man. Most everyone who works there is not only incompetent, but the also seem to actually hate all the students they talk to. The other day, I heard two CCAS employees chatting in the hallway and one said to the other, "So I asked to speak to the manager and he didn't care either! You know, it's a shame, customer service is dead." And the other said, "I know, it's terrible, people are just not helpful anymore." I nearly fell down laughing on the spot. I wanted to play Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" on my iPod after that.

Anyway, I'm off to my Spanish class.

Trashwire should be back up by the end of the week, if not, I will be dealing with more bad customer service when I call to yell at the people from my domain registration thing. You can see the preview site at trashwire.net or trash-wire.com though, and you can still see the old site at alexisgentry84.tripod.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home